Business Continuity Management helps to identify the organization potential threats and their impact on the business activities, should they occur. Besides it provides a capability for an effective response that safeguards the interests of its major stakeholders, company reputation, trademark and generating value activities.
Business Continuity process is characterized by different steps:
- Organizational context definition
- Risk Identification
- Risk Analysis
- BC Strategy Definition
- BC Development and Implementation procedures
- Running and Testing
- Performance Valuation and Improvement
An effective Business Continuity Management is a key factor because it allows companies to:
- Identify, protect and assure the continuity to main products and services provided;
- Keep alive incident management capabilities and provide effective remedy;
- Understand company organization and its relationship with other companies, emergency services, compliance authorities and federal organizations, etc;
- Ensure that employees are properly trained to face effectively an incident or a business interruption;
- Ensure Stakeholders requirements are correctly understood and may be observed;
- Assure that people receive effective communication and support in case of business interruption;
- Ensure Supply Chain Continuity;
- Ensure company reputation protection;
- Maintain compliance to laws and industry rules;
- Maintain financial controls while the incident is occurring.
RIESKO supports the Business Continuity governance with:
- The definition of the organizational context, from the definition and design of a detailed organizational chart, up to the Risk criteria definition related to Business Continuity
- The implementation of the company framework for Risk identification, Risk Analysis and Treatment
- The detailed definition and design of the preventive treatment actions and the reactive procedures to manage emergencies.
- The continuous performance monitoring with a detailed data system analysis, with an extensive subsystem for statistics and report elaboration.